CMA Mission Statement
As Catholic Physicians of the United States and Canada, we come together in the Catholic Medical Association in order to grow in the spirit of Christ in our personal and professional lives, to bring His Spirit to all that is touched by our science and art, and to assist the Vicar of Christ, the Bishops, and the whole Christian community with leadership, especially with the particular knowledge, skill and experience we have as Christian Physicians.
The Purpose of the Catholic Medical Association is:
- To uphold the principles of the Catholic faith and morality as related to the science and practice of medicine.
- To cooperate in leading the Christian community, especially with the particular medical expertise and experience of the Catholic physician, to understand, develop, and apply Christ’s principles of faith and morality to modern medical practice.
- To lead the Christian community in the work of communicating Catholic medical ethics to the medical profession and the community-at-large.
- To uphold Catholic hospitals in the application of Catholic moral principles in medical practice.
- To enable Catholic physicians to know one another better and to work together with deeper mutual support and understanding.